Introduction

Organisation  Structure

River Systems in Karnataka

Irrigation in Karnataka

Projects

Notifications & Govt. Orders

Tender Notifications & Post tender Evaluation

Archives

Home

1. Name of the Reservoir Krishnarajasagara Reservoir Project
2. Location  Across River Cauvery near Kannambadi Village
    a)Latitude     120 25' 30" N
    b)Longitude   760  34' 30" E
    c)Taluk   Srirangapatna
    d)District       Mandya
    e)Sub-basin    C-1 Upper Cauvery
3. Catchment area(insq.kms)  10619
4. Design yield (in TMC)  189 TMCft at 50% dependability
5. Storage (in TMC)  
     i)    Gross    49.452
  ii)   Dead    4.401
  iii)  Live   45.051
  iv)  Carry over    Nil
6. Reservoir evaporation losses (TMC)  5.6
7.i)  Filling period        From June to September
  ii) Depletion period    From October to May
8. Submersion (in acres)   
  i)   Forest area        Nil
  ii) Cultivable area      26,640
  iii) Fallow land     Nil 
  Total    26,640  
  iv) No.of villages / Hamlets    25
9.Level Of Storages.  
i) Full reservoir level (FRL)   124.80 Feet
ii) Minimum drawdown  level (MDDL)   74.00 Feet
iii) Dead storage level    60.00 Feet
iv)  Cill level of canal sluices  
       a) Right Bank low level  Canal Sluice 60.00 Feet
       b) Left Bank low level  Canal Sluice 60.00 Feet
  v)  Cill level of river sluice    12.00 Feet
10. Silt charge per year   (Mcft/Sq.km of C.A)
  i) Designed       Not available
  ii) Actual        0.0003
11. Ayacut (in acres)  
  i) L.B.C. (V.C)  1,90,753
  ii) L.B.L.L.C.  1,430
  iii) R.B.L.L.C.   3,789
  Total 1,95,972     
12.General characteristics of soil in the command area    55% of the area is of course and fine sandy loams and remaining 45% are red loams, chocolate brown loams, sandy clays and  clay loams.
13. a) Installed power in MW -Nil-
  b) Annual power generation in MU   -Nil-
II i) b) PARTICULARS OF DAM  
  1. Type of Dam  Gravity dam of size stone masonry
  2. Length of Dam (in ft)     8597
  3. Height of Dam (in ft)     130.80 above river bed level
  4. Length of spillway    There is no overflow spillway. The floods are disposed off through 152 sluice gates situated at different elevation in the body of the dam.  The gates are rectangular.
  5. Capacity of the spill way   3,45,868 cusecs through sluice gates.
  6. Outlets (canal and river)   LBC (VC)   LBLL       RBLL      RIVER
      a) No.          3               1             1              11
      b) Type.  
      c) Capacity in cusecs        2383          70          250       3,45,868

II. (iii) DESCRIPTION OF CANALS

 
  (Main & Branch Canals)  
1. i) Length of LBC (in Kms)  45.92 Kms.
  ii) Length of RBC (in Kms)     32 Kms.
  iii) Length of LBLLC     20.8 Kms.
2. i)  Length of Branch Canal under LBC   303 kms
ii) Length of Branch Canal under RBC Nil
  iii) Length of Branch Canal under LBLLC   Nil
3. Whether perennial / One Seasonal / Two Seasonal    
  a) Left Bank Canal  (Visweswaryya canal) Perennial 
  b) Right Bank Canal    Perennial
  c) Left Bank  Low Level Canal  Perennial
  4. Whether Lined or Unlined  
  a) Left Bank Canal        (Visweswaryya canal)   Unlined
  b) Right Bank Canal     Unlined
  c) Left Bank  Low Level Canal    Unlined
5. Authorised Capacity   
  a) L.B.C.(VC) 2383 Cusecs (Exclusive of 70 cusecs for LBLLC)
  b) R.B.C.          250
  c) Left Bank Low Level Canal     70 Cusecs

Top